A Muslim calls in a christian show and asks a simple question. Is jesus God or is he a son of God? Is the holy spirit God? Who is God? Plain and Simple Who is God?
||The Draw Muhammad Day Event organized by a facebook user has hurt the feelings of all the Muslims all over the world. Some Muslims however go to the extreme in displaying their anger and venting it out in the form of destruction, threats and violence. However, this is not the right way a Muslim should behave.
The reason why we are in this situation in the first place, where any tom dick or harry can insult our religion and our religious symbols and blaspheme against the Prophet Muhammad despite the fact that there are billions of Muslims all over the world, but they don’t have any say or power or might? This is because we are Muslim only in name and not following the Quran and Sunnah in our lives.
So in response to the Draw Muhammad Day, first of all we should develop a true love of our Prophet Muhammad (s) by not only claiming to love him, but by following his teachings and applying his sunnah in our lives and we should propagate the true message of Islam and the right and the correct picture of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s)
The following article is is very good and we should see and check our selves if we truly love our Prophet (s) or not…
Source: Al Khalis Blog
Signs of Love for Prophet Muhamamd (s)
1. Studying seerah
2. Studying Hadith
3. Propogating what he has brought
4. His (S.A.W) mission becomes your mission as well and feel the pain what he had felt during his mission
5. Following sunnah in everyday life
6. Hating bidats and people of bidats
7. Wants to be his(S.A.W) companion in jannah
8. Wish to be with him during this life
9. Loving those things which the prophet love
10. Hating those things which the prophet hate
11. Loving those who love prophet and his sunnah
12. Hating those who hate his sunnah.
13. Defending him(S.A.W) and his mission when attacked by Kuffar
14. Clearing the misconception among the nonmuslims
15. Believing in what he has brought and believing in his miracles.
16. Discussing with your family about his seerah and derived lessons from his(S.A.W) life & sending Durood-o-salam on him(S.A.W)
17. Following what he wishes and recommended for his ummah but not made compulsory inorder to avoid difficiulty for his ummah
18. Keeping away from those things which he(S.A.W) warned his ummah.
19. Studying the life of his(S.A.W) companions as an exmple of how they love him and what was the affect on them of his(S.A.W) company
20. Competing eachother in following a sunnah, teaching children about sunnah.
21. Sending durrod on fridays and at the time of Azan and when his name was taken(S.A.W).
How to develop his(S.A.W) Love
1. Studying seerah
2. Studying Hadith
3. Propogating what he has brought and feel the pain what he had felt during his mission
4. Following sunnah in everyday life, Competing eachother in following a sunnah, teaching children about sunnah
5. Discussing with your family about his seerah and derive lessons from his(S.A.W) life.
6. By knowing how much he cared for his ummah
7. By knowing how much he suffered for his ummah
Why to develop his(S.A.W) love
1. He cared for us a lot
2. He(S.A.W) suffered for us a lot
3. He(S.A.W) wants best for us
4. Dont want to place us in difficulty
5. Loving him(S.A.W) is a part of religion.
Source: Quran for All Blog
The Significance of Muharram can be best understood by the saying of Prophet Muhammad saw narrated by Abu Huraira (ra) “The most excellent fast after Ramadan is in Allah’s month; al-Muharram, and the most excellent prayer after what is prescribed is prayer during the night.” [Muslim 6: 2661] Prophet Muhammad (saw) called Muharram “Allah’s Month” which shows its importance and sanctity and the fasts of the month of Muharram are most reward able ones among the Nafl (voluntary) fasts.
Fasting on Ashura
The entire month of Muharram is sacred and special and fasting on any day of Muharram has special rewards from Allah, but the 10th of Muharram, called Ashura holds a more significant position than the rest of the days. We know from a number of authentic traditions that in the beginning, fasting on the day of Ashura was obligatory for the Muslims. It was later when the fasts of Ramadan were made obligatory that the fast on the day of Ashura was made optional. Narrated by Aisha (ra): “The people used to fast on ‘Ashura (the tenth day of the month of Muharram) before the fasting of Ramadan was made obligatory. And on that day the Ka’ba used to be covered with a cover. When Allah made the fasting of the month of Ramadan compulsory, Allah’s Apostle said, “Whoever wishes to fast (on the day of ‘Ashura’) may do so; and whoever wishes to leave it can do so.”[Bukhari Vol 02, Book 026, Hadith Number 662] However, Rasul Allah saw used to fast on the day of Ashura even after fasting in Ramadan was made obligatory.
Atonement of Sins
Fasting on the day of Ashura expiates the sins of the previous year as told by our Prophet Muhammad saw. “Abu Qatada al-Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) was asked about his fasting… He was asked about fasting on the day of ‘Ashura (10th of Muharram), whereupon be said: It expiates the sins of the preceding year…”[Muslim: Book 06: Hadith 2603]
Hazrat Musa (as) and his people the Bani Israel were saved from the Egyptian Pharaoh by the miracle of the parting of the sea on the day of Ashura. It was for this reason that the Jews used to fast on this day. Prophet Muhammad (saw) also then ordered the Muslims to fast on the day of Ashura as well. Ibn e Abbas ra narrated: “When the Prophet came to Medina, he found (the Jews) fasting on the day of ‘Ashura’ (i.e. 10th of Muharram). They used to say: “This is a great day on which Allah saved Moses and drowned the folk of Pharaoh. Moses observed the fast on this day, as a sign of gratitude to Allah.” The Prophet said, “I am closer to Moses than they.” So, he observed the fast (on that day) and ordered the Muslims to fast on it. [ Bukhari: Vol 4, Book 055, Hadith Number 609]
Command to distinguish the Muslim fast of Ashura with the fast of the Jews
Ibn ‘Abbas ra reported: ”When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) fasted on the day of ‘Ashura and commanded that it should be observed as a fast, they (his Companions) said to him: Messenger of Allah, it is a day which the Jews and Christians hold in high esteem. Thereupon the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When the next year comes, God willing, we would observe fast on the 9th But the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) died before the advent of the next year.” [ Musim : Book 006, Hadith Number 2528] Abdullah ibn Abbas (ra) also reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had said: “If I live till the next (year), I would definitely observe fast on the 9th.[ Muslim: Book 006, Hadith Number 2529] Hence, one should combine another day with the fast of Ashura and fast on either the 9th and 10th of Muharram or the 10th and 11th in order to distinguish the Muslim way of fasting from that of the Jews.
The Big Bang theory was totally rejected at first.But those who supported it had predicted that the ignition
of the Big Bang would have left behind a sort of ‘hot flash’ of radiation.
If a big black wood stove produces heat that you can feel, then in a similar manner, the Big Bang should
produce its own kind of heat that would echo throughout the universe.
In 1965, without looking for it, two physicists at Bell Labs in New Jersey found it. At first, Arno Penzias
and Robert Wilson were bothered because, while trying to refine the world’s most sensitive radio antenna,
they couldn’t eliminate a bothersome source of noise. They picked up this noise everywhere they pointed the
At first they thought it was bird droppings. The antenna was so sensitive it could pick up the heat of bird droppings (which certainly are warm when they’re brand new) but even after cleaning it off, they still picked up this noise.
This noise had actually been predicted in detail by other astronomers, and after a year of checking and re-checking the data, they arrived at a conclusion: This crazy Big Bang theory really was correct.
In an interview, Penzias was asked why there was so much resistance to the Big Bang theory.
He said, “Most physicists would rather attempt to describe the universe in ways which require no explanation.
And since science can’t *explain* anything – it can only *describe* things – that’s perfectly sensible. If you
have a universe which has always been there, you don’t explain it, right?
“Somebody asks you, ‘How come all the secretaries in your company are women?’ You can say, ‘Well, it’s
always been that way.’ That’s a way of not having to explain it. So in the same way, theories which
don’t require explanation tend to be the ones accepted by science, which is perfectly acceptable and the best way to make science work.”
But on the older theory that the universe was eternal, he explains: “It turned out to be so ugly that people
dismissed it. What we find – the simplest theory – is a creation out of nothing, the appearance out of nothing
of the universe.”
Penzias and his partner, Robert Wilson, won the Nobel Prize for their discovery of this radiation. The Big
Bang theory is now one of the most thoroughly validated theories in all of science.
Robert Wilson was asked by journalist Fred Heeren if the Big Bang indicated a creator.
Wilson said, “Certainly there was something that set it all off. Certainly, if you are religious, I can’t think of a better theory of the origin of the universe to match with Genesis.”
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s installment: “Why the Big Bang was the most precisely planned event in all of history.”
“A Day Without Yesterday” – Albert Einstein,
100 years ago, Albert Einstein published three papers that rocked the world. These papers proved the existence of the atom, introduced the theory of relativity, and described quantum mechanics. Pretty good debut for a 26 year old scientist, huh?
His equations for relativity indicated that the universe was expanding. This bothered him, because if it was expanding, it must have had a beginning and a beginner. Since neither of these appealed to him, Einstein introduced
a ‘fudge factor’ that ensured a ‘steady state’ universe, one that had no beginning or end.
But in 1929, Edwin Hubble showed that the furthest galaxies were fleeing away from each other, just as the Big Bang model predicted. So in 1931, Einstein embraced what would later be known as the Big Bang theory, saying,
“This is the most beautiful and satisfactory explanation of creation to which I have ever listened.” He referred to the ‘fudge factor’ to achieve a steady-state universe as the biggest blunder of his career.
As I’ll explain during the next couple of days, Einstein’s theories have been thoroughly proved and
verified by experiments and measurements. But there’s an even more important implication of Einstein’s discovery.
Not only does the universe have a beginning, but time itself, our own dimension of cause and effect, began
with the Big Bang.
That’s right — time itself does not exist before then. The very line of time begins with that creation event. Matter, energy, time and space were created in an instant by an intelligence outside of space and time.
About this intelligence, Albert Einstein wrote in his book “The World As I See It” that the harmony of natural law “Reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting
of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection.”*
He went on to write, “Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced
that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe–a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.”*
Pretty significant statement, wouldn’t you say?
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s installment: “Bird Droppings on my Telescope.”
*Einstein quotes are from “Einstein and Religion: Physics and
Theology” by Max Jammer
“Say: He is Allah,
The One and Only.
“Allah, the Eternal, Absolute.
“He begets not, nor is He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him.”
The word ‘Assamad’ is difficult to translate. It means ‘absolute existence’, which can be attributed only to Allah (swt), all other existence being temporal or conditional. It also means that Allah (swt) is not dependent on any person or thing, but all persons and things are dependent on Him.
Surah Ikhlas (Chapter 112) of the Glorious Qur’an, is the touchstone of theology. ‘Theo’ in Greek means God and ‘logy’ means study. Thus Theology means study of God and to Muslims this four line definition of Almighty God serves as the touchstone of the study of God. Any candidate to divinity must be subjected to this ‘acid test’. Since the attributes of Allah given in this chapter are unique, false gods and pretenders to divinity can be easily dismissed using these verses.
Alhamdulillah, my children never went trick or treating on halloween ever,instead we always tried to educate ourselves and others about this event. We tried different strategies every year. Couple of times I gathered my children and invited their friends to share the reality of Halloween on that evening that helped them stay away from the influence of this event.
Alhamdulillah, children responded very well and they were shocked as well as disgusted when they found out the reality behind this tradition. They were so exited that they even wanted to tell all this information to the children that were coming to the door for candy.
About the candy giving issue we tried different strategies as well. One year we just went to the Masjid during that time and came home after it was over. One year my children made different signs and put them on the entrance door facing outside. They had different messages like “sorry! No candy, your dentist will be mad! Etc.
Last year we tried a different approach as we are always apprehensive and skeptical whether to give candy or not because generally it is not a good manner to let someone go empty handed when they come to your door for whatever reason. So along side the candy we gave books. The book was “An illustrated guide to understanding Islam”, which we have been distributing in our community for some time now, Alhamdulillah.
Tonight, Insha Allah we plan to give the book “One Message” along side the candy. lhamdulillah, I believe this is a blessing from Allah SWT because the people are already coming to our door so we can do dawah work instead of letting this opportunity slip by or just get mad at them.
We are fortunate in this way that we have a facility here which provides us with books for dawah in large quantity, Alhamdulillah. People can look for similar options in their areas, e.g. masaajid, Islamic libraries or dawah centers to provide them with materials or just print out something good and relevant to the occasion from the internet if possible.
I hope that we can all learn and practice our beautiful Deen the way we are supposed to and help others do the same. I hope and pray that this can be beneficial for others as well. Any ideas or comments to improve our ways further will be greatly appreciated.
I will insha Allah print out the pamphlet that Alhuda has sent us about Halloween and share it with other Muslims too.
(A Letter from a student of Dr.Farhat Hashmi)
The religion of Islam was perfected and completed by Allah through Prophet Muhammad sallalahu alayhe wasallam around fourteen hundered years ago. Every aspect of our religion was explained in the Quran and by the actions and sayings of Prophet Muhammad sallahu alayhe wasallam. All forms of worship were explained and all masnoon acts and deeds were explained and exemplified by Prophet Muhammad (s)
Allah All Mighty says in the Quran:
“Today I Have completed for you your religion and perfected my favor upon you and have chosen Islam as your Religion”(Quran: 5:3)
After this is if anyone adds anything new to religion considering it to be a GOOD DEED and thinking that it will be a source of reward and coming closer to Allah then that good deed is a bidah – Innovation, in Islam which is forbidden and not accepted.
“The term ‘innovation’ means to invent or make something up. To understand the concept of innovation in Islam, one can imagine a glass of crystal clear water that is meant to quench thirst. Someone adds some colour to it with the intention of making it appear more appealing to the thirsty. Then, another person further adds some sugar to make it tastier. Would you still consider it to be a glass of pure water? Not quite. Now, what you have is an adulterated version of what was formerly water. This is the saga of Islam today. ” (Boulder of Biddats-Hiba Magazine)
DEFINITION OF BIDAH-INNOVATION
“According to sharee’ah, the definition is ‘Worshipping Allaah in ways that Allaah has not prescribed.’ Or ‘Worshipping Allaah in ways that are not those of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his rightly guided successors (al-khulafaa’ al-raashidoon).’
CHARACTERISTICS OF BIDAH
So to make it clear, a Bidah is something which :
1. is An act of worship / a ritual / a religious deed which is not proven from the Quran or Authentic Sunnah
2. Is considered to be a good deed which is a part of Islam
3. Is considered to be source of reward (Ajr o sawab)
4. Apparently there appears to be no harm in doing it as it is a good deed.
5. Is turned into a ritual or general celebration and is considered to be an integral part of Islam.
6. Is sometimes based on weak or fabricated Hadiths which cannot be used as evidence.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
- Obligatory Prayers are prescribed five times a day. If someone adds another time to it, e.g. 11:00 in the morning and calls is Midday prayer and says I pray six times a day as I want to get more reward- then that sixth prayer is a biddah as this was not done by Rasool Allah.
- Obligatory and sunnah fajr prayer has two rakats. If someone says we should pray 6 farz and 6 sunnah to get more reward as praying as much is a good deed then this ‘good deed’ is an innovation as Rasool Allah informed us to pray two units only. Two fard and two sunnahs.
- If someone says, this is the day of Pact of Hudaibiyah, so we should celebrate it, fast on this day and do extra worship as this was such an important day for Rasool Allah and it was so important that it was mentioned in the Quran (Surah Fath) and Allah called it a Clear Victory However this will be an innovation as Rasool Allah did not do any such thing or celebrate the anniversary of hudaibiyah even though it was mentioned in the Quran and was such an important day.
- If someone says, this is the day of conquest of Makkah so we should thank Allah as this was such a great day for Rasool Allah and his companions so we should celebrate this day by praying and fasting and making and distributing sweet dishes… then this is an innovation. Why ? because neither our Prophet or his companions ever celebrated the anniversary of the conquest of Makkah- despite the fact it was such a great day for the Muslims!
- If someone says this is the day of the victory of the battle of Badr, so we should all sit down and recite Quran and do a Quran Khwani to thank Allah for this victory as this was such an important day in the life of Rasool Allah… So clearly this will be an innovation….
- The Jews said to ‘Umar, “You (i.e. Muslims) recite a Verse, and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken the day of its revelation as a day of celebration.(Al Maidah:3) ” ‘Umar said, “I know very well when and where it was revealed, and where Allah’s Apostle was when it was revealed. (It was revealed on) the day of Arafat (Hajj Day), and by Allah, I was at Arafat”(Bukhari) However as well all know, neither did our Prophet nor his companions took this day of the revelation of this verse as a celebration! If we take it as a celebration, it will be innovation!
- Reading quran is considered a good deed but reading Quran in sajdah is forbidden . So if anyone says. No no reading Quran is a good deed so i can read it anywhere any time in any mannar i want. But this will be innovation .
- Hijra of prophet(s.a.w) was a great event. The people of Madina rejoiced and welcomed him warmly and even sang talal badru alayne. So on each anniversary of Hijrah we should do the same! But no never did our Prophet nor his companions ever celebrated the anniversary of Hijrah in their life. If we do so, thinking it will be a good deed – it will be an innovation which will lead to fire.
So similarly there are many practices prevalent in the Muslim world, which are Innovations- Biddats. Some of them are mentioned below.( This list is not exhaustive)
- Eid Milad un Nabi–Birthday of Prophet Muhammad s
- Shab e Mairaj -The Night of Ascension and acts of worship associated to this day
- Shab e Baraat and acts of worship associated to this day
- Quran Khwani at death
- Reading Kalimah on beads at death
- Reading Surah Yasin a number of times after at the funeral
- Teeja/Soyem -3rd day of death
- Barsi-Death Anniversary
- Chaleeswan – 40th day of death
- Reading Naats at the body of the dead
- Writing Kalima on the shroud
- Reading innovated Durood and Duas
- Making the Bride go under the Quran
- Reciting Durood before the Adhan
- Making congregational dua after every 5 times salah.
- Speaking out the neah (intention) of salah by saying e.g. , “I make intention of four rakat fard, for zuhr, for Allah, My face is facing the Qiblah, Allahu Akbar”
- Reading the innovated dua of the neah (intention) at seher time for fasting.
If someone still prefers to indulge in these biddats saying there is no harm in it, then that means that a new Islam has been created as the original Islam was not good enough! And creating new forms of worships and celebrations means that when the wahi was being revealed Allah did not know that there was reward in this ‘innovated good deed’ (Naaozobillah) or Allah forgot to tell his Prophet about it (Naaozobillah) or that Rasool Allah did not understand the commandment (Naaozobillah) or forgot to tell the ummah about this good deed(Naaozobillah) or special day and it also means that the Sahaba –companions did not fully understand the religion (Naaozobillah) and neither did they fully implement it that is why we find no such actions from them.!! Obviously this is not true, therefore all innovated matters of religion must be abandoned.
Narrated Ibn Abbas: When the Prophet arrived at Medina, the Jews were observing the fast on ‘Ashura’ (10th of Muharram) and they said, “This is the day when Moses became victorious over Pharaoh,” On that, the Prophet said to his companions, “You (Muslims) have more right to Celebrate Moses’ victory than they have, so observe the fast on this day.” (Bukhari)
From this hadith it is very clear that Prophet Muhammad sallalahu alayhe wasallam did not leave out ANYTHING in our religion. If some days were special he informed us about it and even suggested the form of worship in it.. like the 10th of Muharram – the day of Ashoora.
Also there is no such thing as Bidah e Hasana (Good Innovation) as Rasool Allah has clearly labelled every innovation as deviation! “Indeed every new thing is an innovation and every innovation is deviation and every deviation leads to fire” ( Sahih Jama Assabir)
Above statement says EVERY BIDDAH (including so called good and bad). Is there any such thing as good hell and a bad hell? A good fire or a bad fire?
People who quote Umar (r) and say that Taraveeh is a good innovation; they are greatly mistaken because the Taraveeh was performed by Rasool Allah (s) for two days in his last Ramadan. However he abandoned it because he was afraid that it may become obligatory. Taraveeh is a nafil (voluntary ) prayer and it is mansoon. It was not innovated by Umar (r) rather he only revived a forgotten Sunnah.
Narrated ‘Aisha, the mother of the faithful believers: One night Allah’s Apostle offered the prayer in the Mosque and the people followed him. The next night he also offered the prayer and too many people gathered. On the third and the fourth nights more people gathered, but Allah’s Apostle did not come out to them. In the morning he said, “I saw what you were doing and nothing but the fear that it (i.e. the prayer) might be made obligatory on you, stopped me from coming to you.” And that happened in the month of Ramadan. (Bukhari)
So taking any other day to be important and special like shab e mairaj , shab e baraat etc or making up new forms of worship Duas and acts and rituals about which Rasool Allah did not inform us or did himself is clearly innovation –bidah which leads to fire.
BIDAH ANNIHIALATES TRUE SUNNAH
A famous taabiee (the generation after the companions) Hasan bin Atiyyah said : “No people introduced an innovation into religion except that an equivalent sunnah is taken away from them” [Ad-Daarimee with saheh isnaad]
This is so true! People have given so much importance to certain innovated practices that the true sunnah has been pushed behind and forgotten.
People celebrate the innovated Shab-e-Baraat with great fervour and pray all night long but sadly the greatest night of all Shab e Qadr which can fall in any odd nights of Ramadan and which also includes chand raat is spent in traffic jams and malls for last minute shopping for Eid. People also neglect the true sunnah of Shabaan by focusing only on the 15th of Shabaan whereas the Prophet used to fast the most in the first fifteen days of Shabaan and forbade his Ummah from fasting from 15th onwards. And
BIDDAH IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN SINS
Sufyan ath-Thawree said: “Innovation is more pleasing to iblees than sin, since a person makes repentance from but does not repent from innovations!”
This is because he regards the innovation as being something good for which he receives reward from Allah and therefore will not repent from it, whereas he who commits a sin knows that it is wrong and Inshallah will repent from it.
So taking any other day to be important and special like shab e mairaj , shab e baraat etc or making up new forms of worship Duas and acts and rituals about which Rasool Allah did not inform us or did himself is clearly innovation –bidah which leads to fire.
WARNINGS OF ALLAH
We should be aware of Allah’s warning that, “
O you who have believed, do not go beyond Allah and His Messenger but fear Allah . Indeed, Allah is Hearing and Knowing.(Quran 49:1)
So is it other than the religion of Allah they desire??(Quran 3:83)
And whoever desires other than Islam as religion – never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.(Quran 3:85)
It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error. (Quran 33:36)
WARNINGS OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD sallalahu Alayhe Wasallam AGAINST INNOVATIONS
“I urge you to adhere to my way (Sunnah) and the way of the rightly-guided successors (al-khulafa’ al-raashidoon) who come after me. Hold fast to it and bite onto it with your eyeteeth [i.e., cling firmly to it], and beware of newly-invented matters.”
“Whoever introduces anything into this matter of ours (Islam) that is not part of it will have it rejected.” (Bukhaari, Muslim)
“Indeed every new thing is an innovation and every innovation is deviation and every deviation leads to fire” ( Sahih Jama Assabir)
“Allah Tala does not accept the repentance of an innovator until he quits doing the innovated things.” (Sahih At Targhib wa Tarhib)
“I will be at my pond from before and some of you will be brought in front of me and then they will be removed from in front of me. So I will ask Oh My Lord, these are my people! But I will be told; you don’t know about the new things they innovated after you” (Bukhari)
“The person who innovated something new in our religion which is not a part of our religion ,will be shunned and rejected .” (Bukhari)
CELEBRATING NON-MUSLIM FESTIVALS
Celebrating Non-Muslim Festivals is also not allowed in Islam as it comes under following the Kuffar as Prophet Muhammad s has said:
Narrated By Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri : The Prophet said, “You will follow the ways of those nations who were before you, span by span and cubit by cubit ( i.e., inch by inch) so much so that even if they entered a hole of a mastigure(a kind of lizard), you would follow them.” We said, “O Allah’s Apostle! (Do you mean) the Jews and the Christians ?” He said, “Whom else?” (Bukhari: Vol 009, Book 092, Hadith 422.)
Narrated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, “The Hour will not be established till my followers copy the deeds of the previous nations and follow them very closely, span by span, and cubit by cubit ( i.e., inch by inch).” It was said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Do you mean by those (nations) the Persians and the Romans?” The Prophet said, “Who can it be other than they?”
Some of them are:
- Mother’s day, father’s day
- Valentine’s Day
Allah Almighty says in the Quran:
“The fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allaah, if you believe in Allaah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment” [al-Noor 24:2]
“And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses – lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient, ” [An-Noor 24:4]
- Hudd punishment – The fixed punishment – is prescribed by Allah for those acts which Allah has made haram and this punishment is by hitting or by killing.
- The fixed punishment for fornication (consensual sexual intercourse between two persons not married to each other ) is flogging a 100 strikes. As for adultery ( voluntary sexual intercourse between a married man and someone other than his wife or between a married woman and someone other than her husband) – the married person would be stoned to death as commanded by Prophet Muhammad (s)
- The punishment is applicable when the man has coitus with the woman. Any relationship not inclusive of coitus does not mandate the prescribed fixed punishment.
- The punishment is applicable when the act of coitus is witnessed by four male adults who are muslim, sensible, just and free and who testify in the court. Seeing two people together or nude or in some inappropriate position does not mandate the hudd punishment unless the act of coitus is eye witnessed.
- The punishment is also applicable if the fornicator or the fornicatress confesses to his or her crime four times.
- 100 flogs can be inflicted in one day or over a period of days depending on the health of the one being punished.
- No judge can increase or decrease the punishment
- Punishment has to be delivered publicly in front of a small group of Muslims – minimum three and maximum 1000 Muslims should witness this event.
- Flogging should be inflicted with a leather whip which is neither totally new nor very old. Flogging with a stick is not allowed
- Flogging should be on the fleshy part of the body only affecting the skin and avoiding the head and the sensitive areas. Flogging has to spread over – and should not be done in one place so as to make the flesh come out.
- A man is flogged in a standing position while a woman should be flogged in a sitting position.
- Ibn Mas’ood said: It is not prescribed in our religion to make the offender lie down or to tie him up or remove his clothing. The companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) flogged offenders but there is no report that any of them made the offender lie down or tied him up or removed his clothing. (Islam QA)
- No one should carry out the hadd punishments without the permission of the ruler. If there is no ruler who rules according to sharee’ah then it is not permissible for the ordinary people to carry out the hadd punishments. Whoever does that is sinning, because carrying out the hadd punishments requires examining the matter and requires shar’i knowledge in order to know the conditions of proof. (Islam QA)
- Accepting this punishment is conditional to Emaan – If you feel pity for the fornicator or fornicatress – that may lead to not approving the flogging punishment then you don’t believe in Allah and the Akhira ( You leave the fold of Islam)
PUNISHMENT OF FORNICATION AS IMPLEMENT BY RASOOL ALLAH (S) AND HIS COMPANIONS
Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 82 :: Hadith 818
Narrated Zaid bin Khalid Al-Jihani:
I heard the Prophet ordering that an unmarried person guilty of illegal sexual intercourse be flogged one-hundred stripes and be exiled for one year. Umar bin Al-Khattab also exiled such a person, and this tradition is still valid.
FLOGGING THE ONE WHO CONFESSES AND LETTING GO THE ONE WHO DENIES THE SIN
Dawud :: Book 38 : Hadith 4423
Narrated Sahl ibn Sa’d:
A man came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and confessed before him that he had committed fornication with a woman whom he named. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) sent for the woman and asked her about it. But she denied that she had committed fornication. So he inflicted the prescribed punishment of flogging on him, and let her go.
FLOGGING WHEN THE SINNER CONFESSES AND DOES NOT RETRACT IT
Malik :: Book 41 : Hadith 41.2.13
Malik related to me from Nafi that Safiyya bint Abi Ubayd informed him that a man who had had intercourse with a virgin slave-girl and made her pregnant was brought to Abu Bakr as-Siddiq. He confessed to fornication, and he was not muhsan. Abu Bakr gave the order and he was flogged with the hadd punishment. Then he was banished to Fadak, (thirty miles from Madina).
Malik spoke about a person who confessed to fornication and then retracted it and said, “I didn’t do it. I said that for such-and-such a reason,” and he mentioned the reason. Malik said, “That is accepted from him and the hadd is not imposed on him. That is because the hadd is what is for Allah, and it is only applied by one of two means, either by a clear proof which establishes guilt or by a confession which is persisted in so that the hadd is imposed. If someone persists in his confession, the hadd is imposed on him.”
NO FLOGGING PUNISHMENT FOR THE RAPE VICTIM
Malik :: Book 41 : Hadith 41.3.15
Malik related to me from Nafi that a slave was in charge of the slaves in the khumus and he forced a slave-girl among those slaves against her will and had intercourse with her. Umar ibn al-Khattab had him flogged and banished him, and he did not flog the slave-girl because the slave had forced her.
NO FLOGGING IF THE SINNER IS TOO WEAK AND COULD DIE WHILE BEING FLOGGED
Muslim :: Book 17 : Hadith 4224
Abd al-Rahman reported that ‘Ali, while delivering the address said: O people, impose the prescribed punishment upon your slaves, those who are married and those not married, for a slave-woman belonging to Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) had committed adultery, and he committed me to flog her. But she had recently given birth to a child and I was afraid that if I flogged her I might kill her. So I mentioned that to Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) and he said: You have done well.
Tafsir Ibn Kathir :Explanation of the prescribed punishment of zina : http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=24&tid=35488
Islam QA: How to flog? http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13233/flogging
Who should carry out the hudd punishment for zina? http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/8980/zina
Crime and Punishment in Islam: http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/249/
Explanation of verse 1 and 2 of Surah Noor by Dr.Farhat Hashmi http://farhathashmi.com/dn/Portals/0/audio/explanation/Detailed/taleem-al-quran-05/mp3/Para-18/lesson-05/tqc18-05b.mp3
The Ashra e Mubasharah
The Ten Who Were Given the Glad Tidings of Paradise
Who are the Ashra e Mubasharah?
- Ashra means ten and Mubasharah means good news or glad tidings
- Ashra e Mubasharah is a term used to refer to ten companions of Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alayhe Wasallam about whom he clearly stated that they will be in Paradise.
“Abu Bakr will be in Paradise, Umar will be in Paradise, Uthman will be in Paradise, Ali will be in Paradise, Talhah will be in Paradise, Al-Zubayr will be in Paradise, Abdul-Rahman ibn Awf will be in Paradise, Sad ibn Abi Waqqas will be in Paradise, Said ibn Zayd will be in Paradise and Abu Ubaydah ibn al-Jarrah will be in Paradise.” Its isnad is sahih. [Sahih al-Jami’ as-Saghir, 1/70, no. 50]
All of these ten Companions were the earliest converts to Islam and all of them emigrated in the way of Allah.
Allah says about all the early converts to Islam from the emigrants (Muhajreen) and the helpers (Ansar) in the Quran:
“And the first to embrace Islâm of the Muhâjirûn and the Ansâr and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allâh is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success.” (Tawbah :100)
SOURCE : Quran For All Blog
Importance of the Month of ZulHajjah
- Hajj is performed in this month.
- The first ten days of ZulHajjah are extremely sacred and good deeds are most beloved to Allah in these ten days.
- 9th ZulHajja is a very sacred day. When asked about fasting on the of Zul Hajjaj (Yaum e Arafah) Rasool Allah saw said: “It expiates the sins of the preceding year and the coming year” (Muslim 6: 2603)
- The second Muslim festival Eid ul Adha falls on the 10th of ZulHajjah.
- An animal sacrifice, in memory of the sacrifice of Prophet Ibrahim (as) is offered on 10th ZulHajjah.
The Prophet said, “No good deeds done on other days are superior to those done on these (first ten days of Dhal Hajja).” Then some companions of the Prophet said, “Not even Jihad?” He replied, “Not even Jihad”, except that of a man who does it by putting himself and his property in danger (for Allah’s sake) and does not return with any of those things.”(Bukhari 15: 86)
Importance of Sacrifice:
Sacrifice has not been made obligatory by Allah Tala, however it has the status of being Obligatory Sunnah ( Sunnat e Wjiba). Through this act, pleasure of Allah is obtained and also results in atonement of sins!
Sacrifice has been commanded to the people in all the revealed laws (Shariat) since the time of Prophet Adam (as) to Prophet Muhammad (as).
Allah Tala mentioned this sunnah in beautiful words in Surah Safaat:
And he (Ibrhaim as) said (after his rescue from the fire): “Verily, I am going to my Lord. He will guide me!” “My Lord! Grant me (offspring) from the righteous.” So We gave him the glad tidings of a forbearing boy. And, when he (his son) was old enough to walk with him, he said: “O my son! I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering you (offer you in sacrifice to Allâh), so look what you think!” He said: “O my father! Do that which you are commanded, Inshâ’ Allâh (if Allâh will), you shall find me amongst the patient ones.
Then, when they had both submitted themselves (to the Will of Allâh), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead; And We called out to him: “O Abraham! You have fulfilled the dream” Verily! Thus do We reward the Muhsinûn (good-doers). Verily, that indeed was a manifest trial and We ransomed him with a great sacrifice and We left for him (a goodly remembrance) among generations (to come) in later times. Salâmun (peace) be upon Ibrâhim!”
After seeing the dream, Ibrahim (as) transcended all logic and sacrificed his most beloved possession, his own son, for the sake of Allah.
Wisdom of Sacrifice
Sacrifice is the symbol of full obedience and total submission to Allah
Ibrahim’s (as) obedience, loyalty and sacrifice greatly earned the pleasure of Allah Subhana Watala and he was declared as a Muhsin and Khalil Allah (Friend of Allah) and his name and his sacrifice is remembered till this day. Five times a day, Muslims send their blessings on Ibrahim (as) along with Muhammad (saw)
Allah Tala expects the same obedience and sacrifice from His slaves. In front of the command of Allah, there should be no excuses.
In remembrance of this sacrifice of Ibrahim (as), Muslims all over the world make a commitment that Oh Lord of the Worlds; We are your obedient slaves. Everything we possess belongs to you. If you command us, we will sacrifice our lives for the sake of Islam.
Thus sunnat of Sacrifice offered every year is actually the expression of a salve’s love for his Creator. The word Qurbani is derived from the word “Qurb”- nearness. Sacrifice is thus a form of worship through which love and nearness of Allah can be attained.
Allah Tala says in Surah Anam 162:
“Say (O Prophet Muhammad saw) Indeed my prayer, my sacrifice, my life and my death are all for the sake of Allah”
While sacrificing, if this state and if these feelings of love and total obedience to Allah are not there, then merely shedding the blood of animals and distributing meat are all activities without any spirit.
Allah Tala does not need blood of animals nor meat from animals. All that He requires from His slaves is the Taqwa, obedience and the feelings of self sacrifice for their Lord.
Allah Tala says in Surah Hajj:
“It is neither their meat nor their blood that reaches Allâh, but it is piety from you that reaches Him”
Thus the real spirit of sacrifice is that a man should leave his bad habits, stop following his wishes and desires and stop following traditions. Man should leave and sacrifice all those things in this world which stop him from attaining nearness to Allah.
What to do in the first ten days of ZulHajjah?
- Recite the masnoon dua when sighting the moon of ZulHajjah.
- Recite the Takbiraat as much as possible from the 1st ZulHajjah to the 13th of ZulHajjah.
- After sighting the moon of ZulHajjah, do not cut or trim your hair and nails until you have offered the sacrifice. As Rasool Allah saw has ordered:
“When any one of you intending to sacrifice the animal enters in the month (of Dhu’l-Hijja) he should not get his hair or nails touched (cut)” (Muslim 22: 4870)
- Perform good deeds (Fasting, charity, voluntary prayers, zikr, etc) as much as possible.
- Observe the fast of 9th ZulHajjah, as this leads to expiation of sins of the preceding year and the year to follow.
What to do on Eid Day?
- Do not eat anything on Eid ul Adha until after the Eid Prayer and the sacrifice; as this was the sunnah of Rasool Allah saw.
- While on the way for Eid Prayer, recite the Takbiraat loudly.
- Rasool Allah saw ordered all Muslim women, young girls and even women in monthly impurity to come out for Eid prayers. If they don’t have a veil, they should borrow it from someone while women in monthly impurity should stay away from the Musallah.(Bukhari 15:96)
- It is masnoon to offer the sacrifice at the place of Eid Prayer.
Audio Lectures in Urdu by Dr. Farhat Hashmi on Zil Hajj, Sacrifice and Eid
Hajj Resources from Quran For All Blog
Flash Presentation:Practical Guide To Hajj
Audio Lectures: Hajj Mubarak by Dr.Farhat Hashmi
Invocations -Duas for Hajj
Urdu Book: Hajj Baitullah
Muslims should write this golden advice of Khalifa Umar (r) on their hearts. His advice, his words are so badly needed for todays Ummah. The only way to get out of the pathetic state we Muslims are in is to follow his advice.
Must watch video!
The only thing that differentiates between Muslims and Kafirs is that Muslims obey Allah and Kafirs disobey Allah. There is no difference between the Muslims and the Non Muslims if Muslims themselves are disobedient to Allah and thus we can never be victorious and regain our glory, might and power unless we stop sinning and first change our own selves.
Ramadan Dora e Quran in Karachi
Brief Explanation of the entire Quran in Urdu language in the month of Ramadan for ladies
Dora e Quran by Ruby Tariq
Starting: 29th August, 2008 |Timings: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm| At Defence Central Library Sunset Boulevard
Dora e Quran by Safiya Khan
Starting: 1st Ramadan|Timings: 10:00 am to 12:30 pm| At Mehran Hall, Creek Club,Phase VIII.
Dora e Quran by Naushaba
Starting: 1st Sep,08 |Timings: 10:00 am to 12:30 pm| At Masjid e Tawheed Library,Phase II,Malir Cantt.
Time: 10:00 – 12:30
Venue: Ribat ul uloom Islamia Library, Plot # 268 Alamgir Road, Karachi No. 5.
Tel: 021-8277018, 0321-2040347.
Time: 10:00 – 12:00
Venue: 102-F, Block B, Next to Generation School.
North Nazimabad, Karachi.
Time:10:00 – 12:30
Venue: D-73, Block 5, Tahir Villa, Near Aisha Manzil,
Federal B Area, Karachi.
Time: 10:00 – 12:30
Al Huda Tariq Road Branch,
Near Sindh Lab, Tariq Road, Karachi.
FEDERAL B AREA
Time: 9:00 – 12:00
Venue: 11-B/2, Kakabawany Centre, Next to Usman Memorial Hospital,
Hussain Abad Chowrangi, F.B. Area Karachi.
GULSHAN E IQBAL
Time: 10:30 – 12:30
Venue: E80/1, Block 7, Bahria Foundation College,
Abulhasan Isphani Road,Gulshan e Iqbal,Karachi.
Myth : On 27th of August this year there will be two Moons in the sky at night.
Fact: This is NOT TRUE.
The Myth seems to have generated due to a HUGE misunderstanding about an astronomical event that occurred in 2003. Planet Mars came very close to Earth and was visible with the naked eye as a bright star and in the telescope when magnified looked as big as the Moon. As reported in Sky and Telescope:
August 27th” is actually August 27, 2003. Mars did make a historically close pass by Earth at that time, and when magnified 75 times in a telescope, it looked (IN THE TELESCOPE) the size the Moon looks to the unaided eye.”
Some people obviously misunderstood this and thought that Mars will be as big as the moon and thus there will be two moons in the sky! Mars no matter how close it comes to Earth can NEVER EVER appear like the moon. Since the year 2003 the emails and smses have been circulation to view the historical astronomical event of two moons in the sky!
So Please make it very clear that there will NOT be two moons in the sky on 27th August this year or any other year. Mars does pass very close to Earth in thousands of years but no matter what, it can never be as big as the Moon in the sky!
Myth:The last sign of Qayamat (Day of Judegement) is that there will be two moons in the sky and BBC has predicted that on 27th Aug,07 there will be two moons in the sky and this is time when Imam Mehdi will arrive. It is in the Quran that after this last sign, the repentance will not be accepted.
Fact: THIS IS NOT TRUE AT ALL
The last sign of Qayamat (Day of Judgement) is NOT 2 Moons. There never is any such sign. No 2 Moon sign has been mentioned in the Quran or the hadith.
As I mentioned in the previous point, the Two Moon myth came into existence in the year 2003 due to a huge misunderstanding regarding a historical close pass of Mars from Earth.
The real last sign of the Day of Judegement is that Sun will rise from west on Earth which is mentioned in the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (saw)
I hope this clears up the huge confusion regarding the Two Moons on 27th August. Please stop forwarding this hoax if you receive it in your email or sms. It is a sin to spread news and rumors without verifying it first! Start spreading the truth about the hoax now.
My Previous Posts Regarding this same topic:
Look closely at the two pictures above. Is the picture below really of the same woman? This picture is haunting me, it is telling me stories about the pain and suffering and the torture this Muslim Woman – My Sister in Islam has been through in the past five years of her life.
Aafia Siddiqui is a Pakistani who graduated from MIT. In 2003, while on her way in a taxi with her three young sons, she disappeared never to be heard of again until recently when she was found in US Custody and the US claimed that they arrested her on 17th July in Afghanistan.
Her Crime :
Aafia Siddiqui allegedly yelled “allahu akbar” and grabbed a soldier’s rifle and fired two shots before she was shot herself in the July 18 incident.Despite being shot, Siddiqui struggled with the officers when they tried to subdue her; she struck and kicked them while shouting in English that she wanted to kill Americans
For her crime she was presented before the court in New York on the 5th of August and her trial is underway in USA.
She is thought to be the ghost lady, the only woman prisoner No. 650 imprisoned in Afghanistan. Reports tell of the horrendous trials she went through there screaming and crying all night long. Reports suggest that she was severly tortured, one of her kidneys was removed, her teeth were removed, her nose was broken and improperly set and her recent gun shot wound was oozing blood constantly. He picture testifies to this harsh reality which the US is trying to hide, stating that she was in hiding since the past five years.
Knowing the history of Abuse of the prisoners of Abu Gharib by the Americans, i don’t even want to imagine what she must have gone through there being a woman. It was reported that she was constantly raped and abused, forced to use mens toilets and forced to eat non halal food.
Shame on me. Sleeping comfortably in my home eating and having fun. Living a comfortable life while my Muslim sister is being raped and tortured by the American dogs! Shame on all our leaders and all the Muslims. When will we wake up from our slumber. All our time and efforts are for what? Earning wealth, living luxuriously. Eating, drinking and partying.
There is nothing else in the life of our Muslim youth but”chilling out and having fun” and trying to BE AMERICAN! wanting their way of life, dressing up like they dress up, watching movies they make, doing things they do! When will we open our eyes and realize their deception that they are our enemies! WHEN? When it happens to us personally or to our very own mothers and sisters and daughters?
Look at the picture again. Her story is not to be read, to just feel pity and to be eventually forgotten. It has given me a lot to think about. The deception of the west and their full efforts to make us despise our own religion – to make us into “moderate” Muslims – Just Muslims by name and not in deed and actions. Their fake cries of liberation of women when they can not even respect women. Their glossed up lifestyle and cries of freedeom of expression when they can not even let us practice and preach our own faith.
Look at her picture? It gives a lot to think about and a lot to do. What does it give you?
For All the recent updates on Dr. Afia’s Case visit Teeth Maestro